Friday, January 8, 2010

the Letter Aa

One of my new year's resolutions, is to be a better mom.
but i don't really make new year's resolutions
So it is a new thing that I am starting this year.
Being a Better Mom!

I want to start really teaching the boys some stuff, so I thought I would start off with letters. So we gave it a shot this week with the letter A.


I started by printing out some pictures of things that start with the letter A and put them on the kitchen door. (we always hang out in the kitchen and do school work in the kitchen) We point to the letter, say the letter, sing the song from the fridge phonics thingy, and say words that start with A.


So for some of the activities to go with the letter A, I searched around on some mommy blogs and came up with some letter A crafts,

like our alligator (and also there was a cute apple made from a little a.)

Then we wrote big A's and little a's.

We painted a picture of an apple tree.
We drew a picture of an airplane and wrote a story.


We took pictures of A's all around the house.

We studied the memory verse "Keep me the apple of your eye" Psalm 17:8


By the end of the week our door was covered in A stuff!

B here we come!

1 comment:

Lea Whittaker said...

I have no doubts you are an awesome mom!!! I understand though with wanting to improve. This is awesome what you are doing! Look forward to watching as ya'll learn. I need some of your inspiration and patience :)