Sunday, January 29, 2012

Fortress

I love you, LORD;
you are my strength. The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior;
my God is my rock, in whom I find protection.
He is my shield, the power that saves me,
and my place of safety. (Psalm 18:1, 2 NLT)








Last night we started a new family devotional and this week was "God is our Fortress". We had to build a fort, which Jeff was really good at! We talked about how God is our protection, we don't have to fear when He surrounds us and He will give us good things if we will hide ourselves in Him. The kids loved the fort and even wanted to sleep in it last night (but somehow Conner ended up in our bed, again).

I couldn't help but think about it again as I was cleaning the fort up this morning. I thought...how much more fun everything is inside the "fortress". How there is nothing that can scare you inside the "fortress" (not even zombies, which are the current scariest thing in our house). How you can get special treats inside the "fortress" (the kids had candy and fruit snacks before bed). And how much peace there is inside the "fortress". If we can just remember to stay inside the "fortress" life will be so much easier!

I think I learned more than the kids. I can't wait to see what we will learn next week!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: